- LAB NAMEData Mining & Computational Biologu Lab.
- Computational biology
- Integration of multiple biological datasets for predicting protein functions
- Integration of DNA copy number changes and gene expressions in cancer
- Visualization of biological datasets
- Data mining in network structure
- Machine learning, semantic web, etc.
- 2006 University of Southern California (Ph.D. Computer Science)
- 1999 Seoul National University (M.S. Computer Engineering)
- 1997 KAIST (B.S. Computer Science)
- 2007~Present Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Professor
- 2006 ~ 2007 Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Postdoctoral Fellow
- 2002 ~ 2006 University of Southern California, Research Assistant
- 2001 ~ 2002 Korea Wisenut Inc., Senior Engineer
- 1998 ~ 2001 Intus Technology inc., Xinics Inc., Engineer